Our Lighting System is easy to install and to expand at a later time with extra lights. Below is a typical example of a lighting system.
Controlling your lighting system
At the centre of our system is the controller.
This comes supplied ready to plug into a standard UK electrical socket. If no socket is available then a qualified electrician is required to provide an available power service and connect the controller.
The controller has a light sensor so it is important to place it outside and ideally not in a shaded area which does not enjoy normal daylight. It is also advised to make sure that the controller is placed where it can not be affected by other lights in the area (see example).
Our controllers are weather proof and have been tested in extreme environmental conditions of salted air, low and high temperatures.
All power from the controller is 12volt allowing safe DIY installation of our lights using simple connection and running wiring safely. Qualified electrician is not required for this part of installation.
Videos showing easy installation
Wiring and Connections
Cord covering (12V: about 50mm) (24V: about 70㎜), to remove the wire covering about 15mm with a wire stripper. Torsion lightly the core part, make it together a little.
The connecting copper wire portion + (white) - (black) make it together align the color. Deeply insert the copper wire to the intrusion hole of Dryconn, fix the cord as not to move.
Turn and push the Dryconn to the right until it no more rotate. ※Pops out internal grease, but you do not need to wipe. Wipe it can cause problems because of lowering of waterproof.
Make sure no missing cord and finish the work.
Note: All lamps come with white(positive) and black(negative) inner core cables.
Waterproof Crimp Sleeve
Installation of the Waterproof Crimp Sleeve.
Our LED 12 volt light/lamp fixtures come with 0.75 mm 2 core cable with inside, a black (negative) and white (positive) inner cores. The supply cable used to connect the light fixtures to the controller and to link lights together is also 0.75 mm 2 core cable. Our supply cable has inside, a Brown and Blue inner core/wire.
To connect the wires we will use waterproof crimp sleeves and a crimping tool provided in each starter set. The objective is to allow the copper wires to meet inside the crimp sleeve and then create a robust, secure waterproof connection.
The alternative method to making a connection is to use Dryconn waterproof connectors see in our above explanation and also available from our site.
12 V / 24 Volt wiring and light fixtures are safe from the risk of electric shock and do not require a qualified electrician to install.
Step by step guide
1. Strip back about the outer black sleeve of the supply cable to expose these inner wires and then strip back about 5 mm of the inner cores to expose the copper wire. We will connect the Black wire (negative) from the LED light fixture to the Blue wire from the supply cable using the crimp sleeve.
2. Ensure the copper wire is nice and tightly wound to allow it to fit into the hole of the crimp.
3. Place the exposed copper wire of the black wire into the crimp sleeve until you feel it hit the inner wall inside the crimp.
4. Using the red marked position on the crimp tool press down the end of the crimp applying pressure with the crimping tool until it has been closed creating a hold on the wire. Apply a second crimping action to ensure a closed end is achieved.
Test by lightly trying to pull out the wire. If the wire is secure move to step 5 and if not repeat step 4.
5. Repeat the same for placing the blue wire from the supply cable into the other end of this same crimp sleeve.
6. Repeat the whole process for connecting the White wire (positive) from the LED light fixture to the Brown wire of the supply cable.
The final product is a secure connection.
We over specify our crimp sleeves as “RED sleeves” can also handle 240 volt and not just the 12/24 Volt application in our case for LED Lighting.
Note: All extension cable - Two core 0.75 black cable for connecting lamps to controller come with Brown(connected to white) and Blue(connected to black) cables on each lamp.